We’ve built a number of handy tools and written lots of informative articles to help our readers and site visitors in their search for optical information and those oh-so-right contact lenses, eyeglasses or sunglasses. Here are some of our top optical resources.
1. Optical Glossary – Want to know what PD means (Pupil Distance) or what a Prism is? Just check out our online glossary for definitions to a ton of vision related terms.
2. FrameFinder Virtual Try On – The ultimate in online convenience. Just upload a photo of your face and try on our top eyeglasses and sunglasses.
3. Lens Options Guide – Need information on the various types of lenses available for your glasses – Progressive, Plastic, Polycarbonate, Drivewear, Transitions (photochromic sunglasses), etc.? This is where you’ll find it along with information on coatings, tints and some pages with informative videos.
4. What’s My Eyeglass Frame Size? – Want to know how to find out what size your eyeglasses frames are? Check out this informative, easy to understand article.
5. Eyewear Insider – Our library of eyeglasses frames and sunglasses brands. Read more detailed information about the companies that make designer eyewear, their products and watch videos on many of the pages.
6. The Eye Zone Blog Site Map – Want to scan all of the posts on The Eye Zone by category? Easily find all of those celebrity sunglasses, eyewear and optical news posts that you missed or want to read again.
7. Eyewear Videos – Online videos are big and we’ve made it our goal to make optical information videos available to our visitors. Check out our current videos with more to come!
8. Get a FramesDirect.com Google Button – You can grab a button for your Google toolbar that not only will zip you right back to the FramesDirect.com web site, but will keep you up to date on new posts at The Eye Zone Blog.
9. The Eye Zone RSS Feed – Get nearly instant notification of new posts, news and articles in your RSS feed reader or receive e-mail alerts. It’s free and easy to subscribe or unsubscribe and your e-mail address is safe. It is only used for this feed.
10. Frame Size Guide – A more in-depth look at frame size, including components of a frame and an Easy Frame Sizing Guide.
11. Optical Discussions – The new forum-like interface on our discussion board page provides an easy to read and follow list of all recent comments posted on the blog.
12. Eyewear & Vision Resource Directory – A directory of sites providing information related to eyewear, vision, optical style and care. Find resources for warranty, repair and even accessories here.
13. Eyewear Tips & Tricks – Great ideas from our very own opticians to help maximize your eyewear experience.
14. Face Shape Guide – Find the correct style of eyeglasses or sunglasses frame for your face shape: round, oval, square, oblong, diamond or triangular shaped.
15. Vision & Optical Videos – You’ll find a ton of vision and optical related videos to watch online at Latest Optical Videos, our video center.
Related pages & posts: Contact Lens FAQ, Contact Lens & Eyeglasses Examinations, Inserting and Removing Your Contact Lens, FramesDirect.com Facebook Page, Designer Shades, Gucci Designer Eyewear, Girls Sunglasses.
Want to get these optical alerts immediately? Just sign up to follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/framesdirect.