We thought we’d share some FSA/HSA facts with you. With new FSA funds available, it’s the perfect time to start shopping for a stylish new pair of prescription eyewear for 2015! We understand this topic can be a bit confusing, so please don’t hesitate to call 800-248-9427 to speak with one of our expert opticians! We’ve also provided answers to some of the most commonly asked FSA/HSA questions here.
- All of your FSA funds for the entire year are available January 1st.
- FSA funds usually expire at the end of each calendar year.
- You may be able to carry $500 of unused FSA funds from the previous year depending on your employer.
- HSA funds are accrued throughout the calendar year.
- HSA dollars never expire and will remain in your account until they are used.
- lf you don’t use your HSA funds in a given year, the unspent money will roll over into your account for next year.
- FSA/HSA funds can be used to purchase prescription eyewear and/or frames.
- FSA/HSA funds can be used whether you have vision insurance or not.