The latest updates from Essilor See Change, FramesDirect.com’s parent company’s initiative to bring good vision to everyone, everywhere.
- World Sight Day, held each year on the 2nd Thursday of October, is a key moment to raise awareness on the importance of good vision. Essilor doubled their impact this year, reaching twice as many people as in 2015 with free vision screenings and eyeglasses Learn more.
- More than 400 Dallas ISD and Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD students from low-income schools were given free eye exams and eye glasses by Essilor. Learn more.
- To celebrate a new partnership between Essilor Vision Foundation Singapore and Optometry Giving Sight Singapore both organisations pooled over 100 volunteers to help close to 1,500 people in need with corrective and protective vision care. Learn more.
- The Vision Impact Institute sponsored IAPB’s (International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness) 10th General Assembly. The event is the premier global discussion of public health issues related to blindness and visual impairment with 1,200 participants from around the world. Learn more.
- China is the birthplace of the Vision Ambassador inclusive business model, created by 2.5 New Vision Generation two years ago. By the end of this year, 1,000 Vision Ambassadors will be bringing primary vision care to remote communities in China. Learn more.