The latest updates from Essilor See Change, FramesDirect.com’s parent company’s initiative to bring good vision to everyone, everywhere.
- Improve a child’s sight and you can help improve their ability to learn. That’s why Vision Aid Overseas (VAO) and Vision for Life (VFL) have renewed their partnership to increase access to vision care services for disadvantaged communities in rural Southern Ethiopia. Learn more.
- A new 3-year-partnership to improve the visual health of children with albinism in Tanzania has been launched by INGO Standing Voice with the support of the Vision For Life fund, created by Essilor. The program will address the specific visual needs of over 4,000 children whose genetic condition severely impacts their eyes and their sight. Learn more.
- Meet the Vision Ambassadors in Anhui Province, Eastern China, and learn how they are improving the lives of their local communities through better vision. 340 million Chinese people have uncorrected poor vision and the country suffers from a critical shortage of eye care professionals and services. The Vision Ambassador program creates access to vision correction and protection by training people from rural areas to carry out basic vision screenings and sell glasses to local villagers. With 2,000 active Vision Ambassadors in China, India, Brazil and several South-East Asian and African countries, this is one of Essilor’s flagship inclusive business models to reach the 2.5 billion people globally who don’t have access to the eye care they need. Learn more.
- China is suffering from an unknown health crisis: today 500 million people, almost 40% of the population, can’t see clearly. With the impact of impaired vision an urgent concern, ‘National Eye Care Day’, is an important date in China’s calendar. Each year, Essilor’s local teams and partners mobilize to raise awareness for healthy vision and put it firmly on China’s public agenda. Learn more.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Essilor’s 2.5 New Vision Generation held its annual Eye Mitra convention in India. This year close to 1,000 Eye Mitra from the North Indian states of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan came together to celebrate a program developing skills, creating jobs and uplifting lives. Experienced and successful Eye Mitra shared inspiring stories while others looked on with hope at what their future holds as vision micro-entrepreneurs in their local communities. Learn more.